Prevost Construction is hiring. The following positions are available. Please email resumes to HR@PrevostConstruction.com. For field positions, you can come into the office and fill out an application.
The role of the Assistant Superintendent is to assist in planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the project in order to meet budget, quality, time and safety objectives.
Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Superintendent you would assist in the following:
- Directing the work flow consistent with the project schedule
- Communicate project priorities to field staff and subcontractors
- Maintain daily log of all activities and site conditions
- Help manage the punch list items
- Maintain good working relationship with all subcontractors on the project
- Develop relationships within the building (ie: building engineers, inspectors, property managers and existing tenants)
- Assist in recording accurate daily documentation of work orders/tickets, understand subcontractor scope of work to avoid unnecessary change orders, and identify problems early and act immediately to provide solutions.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Good communication skills (this is a must)
- Ability to follow direction and carry out the tasks asked of you
- Reliable and on-time
- Ability to fix things (patching holes, repairs, etc)
- Some construction knowledge would be preferred
- Pay attention to detail and speak up when something needs to be addressed
- Take initiative when necessary to keep the job running smoothly and the client satisfied